CCDC at a glance
- CCDC is part of the closely-knit, world-class research collaborative network comprising Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), Emory University of USA, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Madras Diabetes Research Foundation (MDRF) and the South Asia Network of Chronic Diseases.
- CCDC have been recognized as a centre of excellence in clinical research by the Clinical Development Service Agency (CDSA), Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
- CCDC has been recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- CCDC functions as the Scientific Secretariat for the Initiative for Cardiovascular Health Research in the Developing Countries (IC -Health).
- IC Health is a global partnership programme, involving 14 global organizations including the Global Forum for Health Research and the World Health Organization which jointly launched the programme in 1999.
- The Clinical Development Service Agency (CDSA), an extramural unit of Translational Health Science Technology Institute (THSTI), Department of Biotechnology, Government of India recognized CCDC as a centre of excellence in clinical research. This is an important recognition for CCDC from a central Government agency. Our objective is to build a strong team of clinical researchers and contribute to the clinical development relevant to the needs of Indians. This vital recognition will help CCDC to collaborate with like-minded institutions and to enhance the quality of clinical research in India.